- Instantly appear thinnerNo kidding! When you slump forward your belly sticks out more. A healthier, fit appearance will also affect the age people assign to you. Take off a few pounds and a few years.
- Help Prevent Injury during Exercise: Good body mechanics reduce stress on the body and reduces the likelihood of sprains and strains during exercise.
- Protect your Back: Reduce the likelihood of back pain, disc problems and spinal stenosis. With good posture the muscles in your stomach and back take pressure off the spine.
- Save your Joints: Good posture takes pressure off your neck, back, hips and legs thereby reducing the development or progression of arthritis.
- Project Confidence: Standing up straight can help us to look more confident even when we don’t feel that way ourselves. People who stand up straight project a sense of confidence, authority, strength, and poise.
Improve your posture by trying the one or more of following:
- Chiropractic Care: Safe and effective adjustments or spinal manipulation
- Manual therapy: Massage therapy
- Exercises: Specific strengthening, stretching, pilates or yoga
- Posture braces